#BrandonLikesWIngs #3: Nine-Eleven Tavern - South Buffalo

The top answer I hear when I ask "where is the best place in Buffalo for wings?" is Nine-Eleven Tavern in South Buffalo.


I've driven down South Park hundreds of times and never knew Nine-Eleven was right on the corner of SP and Bloomfield. The bar sits right in the middle of a residential area and looks like a townee bar. When you walk in, that's exactly what it is. There is a small bar that sits 16-20 people max with 2-3 small bar top tables. Lining the back wall is a shuffleboard table. If you make a left when you walk in there is a small dinning area. Luckily for Marty and I we went on an off night and the bar was not crowded. We heard on some nights its jam packed and they run out of wings.
        We got a seat right in front of a TV that was on ESPN and to our left was a "Yankess encore" game from 2007. We heard couple of locals talking about their days, Marty even made a friend while he was sitting there. . . . . . This was my first time ever going to Nine-Eleven so you could say I was very excited for this. The hype was there. Everything I was hearing about this place built up the wings and put them on a completely different level. The bartender was really nice. Talking about his 8 years working behind the bar along with throwing in his opinion on conversations he is over hearing. Unless you find a seat at the end of the bar the view of TV's is not there. If you want to watch a sporting event it would be tough unless you want to stand. Seeing it was my 1 and only time there take that as you will. I would have liked a dart board. I'm not sure where they would put it though. . . .The bar has basic selections of beer and limited draft options. If you like Rusty Chain or Sam Adams you're in luck. They carry seasonal selections.
        Marty ordered our wings around 7pm, we didn't get them until 8pm. I will tell you it takes a long time so if you're in a hurry I wouldn't recommend going then. Also, if you don't like heat don't go on a hot day. There is no AC. The wait didn't bother me at all. We sat there, drank some beers, and talked about politics. I was with Marty, so as you can imagine that passed the time.
     FINALLY! Our wings came out and the presentation of these wings is amazing. 10 wings perfectly placed around a cup of blu cheese with celery and carrots.

Just the presentation alone, these wings are holding up to the hype. I grab a flat for my first bite (obviously) and you instantly can tell this sauce is different. I ordered extra crispy hot. I bite in. At first you get the heat then a hint of grated parm cheese comes after that. Each wing has a perfect amount of sauce on it. I grabbed a drum. These wings are pretty big. I'm an odd ball when it comes to the size of my wings, I like them smaller. Seeing I know I am in the minority I will not knock a place on the size of the wing. Bite after bite I kept asking myself "what is in this sauce?!?" The bartender came over and asked how things were. Covered in sauce "What is in this sauce?" I ask, obviously he didn't tell me. He told me the owner is the cook also and the only person that knows what goes into it. Marty and I finished our wings in record time. Delicious.
      If I had to nitpick I would like the wings to be a bit crispier. Other than that these wings were legit!
   I would give you a recap of Martys but he would say the same things I said above.
SIDE BAR: he loved the crispiness.


Recap: It lives up to the hype. Plan a date with your friends. Take your time. Enjoy. This is a great spot to start your night on Friday or Saturday or just go out for dinner during the week. (They close by 11:30pm on the wekeends according to the bartender)

Wings:
1. Taste - 9.5
2. Crispiness - 8
3. Sauce -  9
4. Presentation - 9.5

OVERALL:  9


Establishment:
1. TouchTunes: No
2. Dart Board : No 
3. Pool Table : No
4. TV’s - 3TV’s. 
5. Good Atmosphere: 7
6. Beer Selection :  5

OVERALL: 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Allen vs Mahomes - By: Brandon Siclari / Sports

Music City Miracle 2 -Titans Cheat again /// By: Siclari

Stay Safe. Stay Sane. - Siclari