#BrandonLikesWings #6 - Hoak's / Hamburg, NY

I will start by saying I did not go here for wings. My friend Garret asked me go out to dinner with his in-laws at Hoak's. While I was there i noticed some wings and said "why not".
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1shvWNKfiUeCxseWRz0RGR4YDiVLORmi6
AMAZING view!! When you walk in you enter into a small bar area. Even from here you can see the water. 2 TV's are placed in prime location to catch a game while you're grabbing a drink. This is a prime location for a dinner with the family or day drinks with your friends. It served its purpose while we were waiting for our table. The bartenders were very friendly and even with the influx of people waling in their service was quick. As I mentioned above this is a great place to chill, so the lack of a pool table and dart board is not surprising. I didn't see a Touch Tunes but there could of been one around the corner or in an area I didn't see. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1rhSHCwz5DTGZTQqieBL0lLBRDPmA-6Mn
I grabbed some crispy, hot wings for my appetizer. Presentation was alright. I think they're were trying to be fancy with a nice glass white plate with some lettuce garnish that took up half of it. Standard Blu Cheese cup on the side. First thing I noticed was the wings were not saucy at all along with being an array of different sizes. Seeing the wings had little to no sauce on them i figured they would be really crispy, not at all. Every drumstick was soft. Some of the flats had a crunch to them but the majority was just meh. On top of no crunch there was zero flavor.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZOZ9u_KQ-R6spri2e3OaToQoIZ9kESjx
Im not going to go on and bash an establishments wings if I never intended to order them or was told to go there for the wings. I will say again. If you want a place with a view on a nice summer day. Cold drinks, and friendly staff, this is a solid stop .
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=185SYB5QoeQPEr8Za-kdCDcuqQ0VgrlI2


Wings:
1. Taste - 3
2. Crispiness - 4
3. Sauce -  2
4. Presentation - 5 (for trying)

OVERALL:  3.5


Establishment:
1. TouchTunes: Maybe
2. Dart Board : No 
3. Pool Table : No
4. TV’s - 2TV’s. 
5. Good Atmosphere: 7
6. Beer Selection :  5

OVERALL: 6


Rankings:

6.  Glen Park Tavern - 3.5
5.  Hoaks - 3.5
4.  Adolfs Old First Ward Tavern - 7
3.  Dalmatia Hotel - 7.4
2.  Elmos - 7.8
1.  Nine-Eleven Tavern - 9
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=117pmmk7AFOBE4ZDU5Dlm3lMGQclxGn-w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Allen vs Mahomes - By: Brandon Siclari / Sports

Music City Miracle 2 -Titans Cheat again /// By: Siclari

Stay Safe. Stay Sane. - Siclari