#BrandonLikesWings #7 - Gordy's Inn II / West Seneca, NY

    I have been going to Gordy's since around 2010. It's a great place to hang out with friends, watch sporting events, hold a Beer Blast or stag. Gordy's is very accommodating to their guest. If you have been going there for years, or if it’s your first time there. The bartenders will great you like a friend and most likely remember your order the next time you stop in. In the close to 9 years I have been spending my Taco Tuesdays at Gordy's I never tried their "famous" Pancho Loco wings. While I was downing my usual, 2 hard shell/2 soft shell, just meat and cheese, hot tacos I figured I give their Wings a try. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=18Ln-eO_S7FoF4w3P-KB7AuWD7RLjIeSn
If you walk into the front door of Gordy's you're greeted with a square bar filled with locals who have been sitting there since their shift ended. if you're lucky you can find a seat at the bar, if not, you will have to stand in the crowded area behind the bar with not much room. Their 3 TV's surrounding the bar can be visible from anywhere.  It won’t take long before the bartender will open with the classic "What can I get ya". if the bar area is to crowded you can down some wings and tacos in the back of the bar where you will find regular and bar top tables with another 2 TV's. In the "dining area" you can play a round of darts, pool, or Golden Tee. If the townies haven't taken over touch tunes yet you can play all your favorite music. If you want your basic beers they have those on tap. I would like a better selection. Add more seasonal’ s, and pick Blue or Bud, no need to have both on tap. 


Instead of the usual Hot Extra Crispy wings I wanted to try something different. I went with the Pancho Loco wings named after their late cook. The first thing you notice is the sauce is a paste. A brownish color that looks hot right from the get-go. The presentation was, like most places, your classic white plate with the wings on 1 side and blu cheese on the other. I would have liked more celery and add carrots to the meal. My first bite I could instantly feel the heat and taste the different flavors that were in this wing. The chipotle flavor jumped out along with the extreme heat. I was told the wings were a mix of sweet and hot. All I could taste was hot. My sisters friend across from me could only have 1 bite before her mouth was on fire, I think I got through 3 wings before I had to throw in the towel.https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1VCQPXqXG1VMojvNlrtKfPq2lguUauw4e
Overall Gordy's Inn II and their Pancho Loco wings were different. I don't think I could eat 10, but as a side dish I think they hit the spot. My recommendation would be to grab 10 and share. Everyone eat 1 or 2.
I love Gordy's I will keep recommending my friends to go there to hang out. Its a great place to start and even end your night.


Pancho Loco Wings:
1. Taste - 5
2. Crispiness - 8
3. Sauce - 6
4. Presentation - 6

OVERALL:  6.25

Establishment:
1. TouchTunes: Yes
2. Dart Board: Yes
3. Pool Table: Yes
4. TV’s - 5TV’s. 
5. Good Atmosphere: 8
6. Beer Selection:  3

OVERALL: 8

Rankings:

7.  Glen Park Tavern - 3.5
6.  Hoaks - 3.5
5. Pancho Loco wings @ Gordy's Inn II - 6.25
4.  Adolfs Old First Ward Tavern - 7
3.  Dalmatia Hotel - 7.4
2.  Elmos - 7.8
1.  Nine-Eleven Tavern - 9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Allen vs Mahomes - By: Brandon Siclari / Sports

Music City Miracle 2 -Titans Cheat again /// By: Siclari

Stay Safe. Stay Sane. - Siclari