Fatherhood Chronicles: Part 1


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1DuLpggSobU7k6QprgPtpqZFV7RyLJX0d
My 14 day -Mr. Dad- began at dusk today. While Elizabeth begins her life back at work I am tasked with staying home with Rocco. 4am rolled around and I was awaken by the slight roar of a child in need of a change and food. Preparing a bottle is a lot like a pit crew In NASCAR. If I don’t work fast enough I will lose the race. Good thing for me, this race will last at least 18yrs and I don’t want to disappoint him already. 
After the bottle it was back down for hopefully 4 more hours of sleep. I was able to get 3. I will take it. 
As Elizabeth kissed us goodbye I knew the next 9 hours would be won in the trenches. The trenches today consisted of entertainment. I laid out the ground work for a fun filled day of play chair to play mat. I also Sprinkled in a little tummy time and a nap. I knew if the game plan was kept this would be a victory for me. 
Rocco and I bounced around and when all the routines were done......it was 1230p.......
I discovered a high pitch voice that seems to grab his attention, uncomfortable for me but I am a team player. Anything that gets us the W today I am willing to do. 
The day rolled on with a continuous loop of  “5 Little Ducks”  and “Mickey Mouse Club House”
Sleep is a non factor.
Rocco seems to despise sleep as much as I despise him not liking sleep. As the day wore on it grew an aroma of spit up and pee. I changed him, I believe it’s somewhere on me. I assuming I got caught in the cross fire and didn't realize it.
 I will push through.  All I can do is hope. 
“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things....”
I will take what I learned today and apply it to the matchup we have set tomorrow. What that is, I will let you know when I know. 

Clear Eyes.
Full Hearts.
Can’t Lose. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Allen vs Mahomes - By: Brandon Siclari / Sports

Stay Safe. Stay Sane. - Siclari

Music City Miracle 2 -Titans Cheat again /// By: Siclari